News:

New Buzzen Forum. Give it a try!

Main Menu

Private User Information

Started by DrïvingMissCrazy750, January 18, 2019, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrïvingMissCrazy750

I am worried about  my personal user information  being exposed while using this chat service. Especially in the user created rooms . What do these room owners have access to ?

Eyecu

Nothing, the only thing they see is your gatekeeper and profile.

ameelee_128

خẾsèf

It is your user identification. A 32 digit alpha numeric ID, e.g. 1306gs3178fg3811ed58412259be2c1c. The room bot and other scripts will see this code plus your name when you enter the room.

I hope that makes sense.  8)

DrïvingMissCrazy750

So Esef  you are saying that no one who works for Buzzen has access to your IP address and registration information?  Knowing a little about irc  chatting i do believe a channel operator has access to that information . I would hope those people can be trusted but a small mom and pop server like this would be easy due to the small number of people using the service .   

Eyecu

Chanops do not have access to that information.

DrïvingMissCrazy750

Yes i think i was referring to a sysop . Buzzen does have admins with this access dont they?

Eyecu

Yes, as with any site, or chat, Staff can see sensitive information depending on level of access.

خẾsèf

Hi Viper. I was answering with regard to user-created rooms. As Eyecu said, nobody but Buzzen staff has access to any info other than gatekeeper ID, username and profiles.  8)

DrïvingMissCrazy750

yes so how do we know buzzen staff can be trusted with that info?

You can't know, but as you are willing to use the platform, it's a risk you take  ;)

DrïvingMissCrazy750

I signed a legally binding privacy agreement when signing up for this PLATFORM. It didnt say use at your own risk

«Μίçhêllê»

I think the hemorrhoids are making you a tad cranky. Lighten up a little.  :P

DrïvingMissCrazy750

No I am showing a concern about my and others privacy